Mold is more dangerous then most people think. Black mold is one of the most dangerous forms of mold. If you think that you have mold then you must do something about it now. This article will describe the dangers of mold, some of the most common symptoms, and describe black mold poisoning. Mold is a serious matter. You need to keep reading, it may just save your life.
The most common type of toxic mold comes from the genus Stachybotrys. Other mold genera notorious for effecting debilitating symptoms in individuals are Penicillium, Chaetomium, Fusarium, Aspergillus, Acremonium, and Alternaria. Some of the more usual symptoms of a mold infection are sneezing, coughing, dryness in the throat, irritation of the eyes and the skin, nasal congestion, and headache.
There over one million kinds of mold in existence today. These will include yeast, fungi, and yes, mold. Mold, or sometimes thought of synonymously with mildew, is a subset of fungi. Mold is usually fluffy in texture and grows in wet and dark environments. The texture will feel powdery. A particularly toxic type is known as Strachybotrys, or "toxic black mold" can pose as serious health risks.
Warmer climates however are not the only places where humans need to worry about Black Mold growing in homes. Flood prone regions are also susceptible to outbreaks of the toxic mold as flood waters cause damage to the dry wall, carpets, and wall papers in homes and give the fungus a good breeding ground.
One of the many reasons why Los Angeles black mold removal is so important is because of the health risks. Black mold is sometimes considered the most toxic of all molds. It has been known to cause serious health problems, particularly concerning one's ability to breathe property. In some cases, particularly with infants or the elderly, black mold has contributed to death.
This type of mold has a greenish-black appearance and a slimy texture. It can be difficult to judge by appearance alone if mold growth is black mold, but can be a good indication that it requires removal. No matter the color of texture of mold, it should be considered dangerous as any mold in the home will be spreading spores which may be toxic.
In many cases, a mold outbreak can be treated fairly quickly. The key is to act quickly. First of all, clean and isolate any infected areas. Drying them out completely is very important. If the rooms that have been affected with mold aren't totally clean, it's possible that the mold spores could spread. To start the cleaning process, seal off and isolate all areas that have mold growing in them.
Black mold has been known to kill animals and small children, which is why it is such a high priority once found, respiratory problems being the major cause of death. It also aggravates many conditions in adults such as Asthma. Many symptoms can alert you to the presence of black mold such as bad Headaches and Migraines, sudden burst of dizziness, coughing, an regular infections.
Water can seep into the house if your foundation is low or if the ground slopes towards a specific area. Also, make sure that the floor is properly ventilated and the walls are sealed to prevent water entry. Damp ground problems can be solved by sealing the cracks with polythene or another water sealant material.