Of all of the varieties of mold that can grow in your home, black mold is the most dangerous type. This mold has resulted in devastating illness and death. By learning the indicators of it, you can protect yourself from it. You can eliminate the risk of black mold and preserve your family's health. This is especially true if your home is in an area with high humidity. Mold is very often caused by high humidity.
One indicator of mold is a foul odor that you cannot see the source of. Mold doesn't usually grow in spots which are frequently cleaned. Basements that have water pipes and the back of closets are frequent sources of mold.
Black mold will row in areas that are damp, so all of the locations near water pipes need to be regularly observed. If you locate a bad odor in the general vicinity of your water pipes, cut an inconspicuous hole in the wall and check for noticeable dampness.
If you locate a damp patch and see green mold in this hole, contact a professional who specializes in mold removal, who will be able to pinpoint other offending areas within your home. In addition to finding mold, they'll also be able to assist you in eliminating mold. Destroying problem of mold can be very expensive, so be forewarned if they discover it. This holds exceptionally true if this mold is discovered throughout your home.
Despite being called 'black mold', this mold is green in color and will often leave a yellowish stain anywhere that it is located. If it seeps through your wall, the resulting stain will be yellow.
These yellowish stains are a good reason to have your whole home professionally checked for it. A black light will reveal any mold that you might have. Bring this black light into the room where you suspect mold, and turn off the lights. Turn the black light on. If these yellowish stains are glowing, you've found it.